Wonder why the end-of-the-year break has brought forth a number of opinionated posts/non-designer editorials? Well, wonder no more: with the break in pitches and lack of PRs on hand for fact checking, we've decided to entertain you a bit with well, a little POSHGLAM Madness, if only just for fun.
If you happen to remember the cartoon "Recess" that came on during "One Saturday Morning" over a decade ago. The Ashleys being the characters I remember the most, they were quite "Scandalous" and in fact it was their famous moniker.
Anyway, the point of it all is: Women have a tendancy to be catty and want to believe the worst about other women — hey, it's a male dominated societe, but it's important to minimize the drama in an effort to protect the very ideas we so dearly hold on to as women to keep our self-respect. Afterall, a woman disrespected anywhere is a threat to woman everywhere.
With that said, here are a few "Scandalous" Rules to Live By:
- Don't promote "Drama" even if you think it's true
- Challenge cattiness with common sense
- Try not to spread rumors, it's more of a reflection of you
- Be careful what you believe, gulible is written on the ceiling
- Befriend women that don't have many "GOOD" friends, offer advice on how to demand respect, how to avoid office politics etc
- Avoid diatribing – if there's a problem with a person, talk to them immediately and assertively and diffuse it, but don't threaten or act agreesively, which could intern put them on-guard further escalating the situation
Just a fun reminder for you guys…after all, we're far to old for all that little girl shit!