Another person asked me: “Why don’t you style blog?”, Answer: Isn’t that fake modeling? I love emerging designers, happen to prefer them over most name brands. When I started POSHGLAM, I never considered “Fake Modeling”. Though I’ve been a signed model throughout the 9 years I’ve run the site, it just dawned on me: I don’t use my image much. There are tons of pretty girls, with NYC being the US Fashion capital and the Beauty Capital I never really considered toting a tripod and a photographer beau. Newsflash: I’m considering attending more red carpet events, debuting my likeness as more of a fashion icon. Until then, it’s me, behind the lens acting as a POWERHOUSE CEO or future reality star. See treatment
- It’s not your job – When a man likes you, it’s obvious…his ____ gets hard
- It takes the FUN out of the GAME – Friends. Courtship. Dating…and so on and so forth. Know how to play. You can’t court him!
- It makes you look easy breezy – When dating, no one wants to be LOW HANGING FRUIT or DESPERATE
- I’m GOING to FUCK HER – Runs through his head…is that what you want? TO GET DISRESPECTED…
- Don’t Turn Into Halle Berry – David Justice (Love Note), Eric Benet (Backstage Stalking), Gabriel Aubry (Rascist Rundown)
- You’re too Good for that – Why would you have to pursue what’s falling at your feet and leaving a trail of tears…don’t settle for a man you have to Jock like Jay-Z
- Better things to do – Like getting courted by people that LOVE & Deserve you More
- Love don’t Hate – But don’t wait, if he’s not making moves…fill up your time with someone that is
- Divine Order – If he’s not asking you out…there is a REAL Reason: Gay, Taken, STD…Come on now!
- Finally: You Don’t Hit on Men, They hit on You – If a man likes you, loves you, and wants more of you…he will drink your bath water, move heaven and earth until angels sing…don’t hate the player hate the game
One of our favorites, Charles Dieujuste, is new to the scene with hollywood inspired feminine gowns that make one swoon with adoration. The modern yet sophisticated dresses embody a world of glamour and prestige. With an array of textured details and brilliant color selections, use of silk georgettes, matte jerseys and chantilly lace, the textile assortment exemplifies both elegance and grace. Dieujuste’s luxurious looks including exposed backs, high slits and modern fit hug the feminine silhouette encompassing the delicacy of the collection allowing for just the right amount of skin exposure and sex appeal. The designs are well draped to complement the feminine form and make a woman feel like a well-dressed lady. For more on the collection, check out the site: www.CharlesCDieujuste.com
Deola Sagoe, a true visionary stands out with her strong signature designs, elegance and attitude. Her designs provide a couture experience of east meets west. Drawing inspiration from traditional Nigerian fabrics and cuts and western aesthetics Deola Sagoe has created wearable works of art. Her most recent collection included pieces created with adire fabric which is hand dyed in Nigeria by the Yoruba women. Deola Sagoe’s notoriety, much like her aesthetic has gone beyond the African continent. Aside from featuring collections in New York and Cape Town Fashion Weeks, she was the recipient of the MNET/Anglo Gold African Desigs 2000 Award, in which she was nominated by Andre Leon Talley.
CLAN is owned by sisters Teni, Tiwa, and Aba Sagoe the daughters of Nigerian fashion designer Deola Sagoe. The newest line was a collection of sexy high glamour silhouettes composed of peplum details, thigh high slits, and stream line pant suits. “CLAN Classics, exhibiting our timeless pieces. These pieces will be available all year round in chosen variations and upon personal requests.” – Teni Sagoe Both lines previewed will be exhibited at New York The collection which features thigh-high slits, peplums, pant suits, asymmetrical cuts and plunging necklines will “be available all year round in bespoke variations upon personal request.”
Selena Gomez has been very stylish lately. Recently seen out in LA wearing the Sister Jane pink fringe jacket from the Candy Canyon collection, available at Topshop. Her low key demeanor and signature style keep us coveting her killer looks. We grabbed this look from her instagram, the nude pumps and ripped denim are a nice touch, giving us a balance of Posh and Playful.